Saturday, April 16, 2011

If You're Not Happy With Your Life, Change is Essential

I took my human, Joanne, to an open mic last night.  One of my favorite performers, The Levins, introduced a new song there.  Joanne really liked it and we both thought the lyrics would be appropriate for most of my fans.  I think the biggest problem with you humans is that you seem to have an awfully hard time moving and changing direction.  Take a look at these lyrics:


Trust
by The Levins

I read a quote of Eleanor's at the cafe
"Do something that scares you everyday."

And if your dream is outside of the comfort zone, then what's the use,
What's the use of staying at home?

Chorus: 


You've got to move to change the state you're in.
You've got to roll to strike all the pins.
Gotta get on if you're driving the bus,
The race has begun and we must trust.

When I find myself in an unknown place
I see old friends in each new face.
If the rift makes it seem like I'm choosing a side- no room for pride.
I'm here beside you, I won't deny you,
The road will curve and we'll just have to ride through.

Chorus

You can hide from your fate
You can hide from the day
You can hide from the pain till
Your life goes away.
If you don't like what your thinking about, then you can shift you turn it around.
Hope brings motion,
Motion brings change
Change is your friend when the going gets strange.
Change is your friend when the going gets strange.
When the going gets strange...


Chorus


We must change.


If you are interested in more from the Levins you can check them out on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Levins/122322022739, and on ReverbNation: http://www.reverbnation.com/thelevins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maeve is a psychiatric service dog for Joanne Shortell and mental health advocate for all people with psychiatric disabilities. Maeve's goal is to become the Johnny Appleseed of emotional support animals and psychiatric service dogs.

Copyright Joanne Shortell 2010-2011